Cooking with Camille
Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Just in time for the end of summer…try out this recipe with your family and be amazed! This episode I am making Goat Cheese Blueberry Ice Cream and it is delicious. As my husband says “this is the best ice cream I’ve ever eaten!” let’s just say it tastes like Blueberry Cheesecake.
I’ll also be sharing how ice cream even came to America and was introduced by Black Caterers from Philadelphia. They helped revolutionize gourmet cooking and invented all kinds of things as freed slaves. It’s a fascinating journey and it all starts with ice cream! So pull up a “scoop” and get ready to dive into some yummmy deets.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp dry instant milk powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup jam (any type)
- 8 ounces Goat cheese
- Honey graham crackers
- Ice cream maker (link below)
Ice Cream Base:
- Mix sugar, dry instant milk powder, and xantham gum in a bowl.
- Heat corn syrup and milk in saucepan on medium-high heat until corn syrup is melted. Stir frequently.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the corn syrup and milk mixture. Stir until sugar crystals are dissolved. Note: Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Once dissolved, add heavy whipping cream and mix together.
- Transfer to a thin plastic tupperware container, place in the back of the refrigerator and allow to cool completely.
Prepare graham crackers
- Place graham crackers in plastic bag and crush into small pieces
Prepare ice cream:
- Remove cold ice cream base from the refrigerator and place in cold bowl. Mix in room temperature goat cheese with hand mixer.
- Pour into ice cream maker
- Mix together
- Add in crushed graham crackers and jam
Serve and enjoy!