Cooking with Camille
Turkey Pot Pie
Make the BEST turkey pot pie you will ever eat!
- 1 box Pepperidge farm pastry shells
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- Ground cayenne
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1 cup diced turkey
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1 small can peas & carrots
- 1 small can green chilis
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fiesta cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp salted butter
- salt & pepper to taste
Servings: 2 medium pot pies
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Roll out pastry shells to the size of your palm
2. Place one pastry shell on the bottom of a medium sized ramekin, poke holes in the bottom and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Save the other pastry shell for the top
- Melt butter in small saucepan on low heat
- Add 2 forkfuls of flours to the saucepan and whisk the butter and flour together. Whisk until toasted and it no longer smells like flour (appx. 45 seconds)
- Add pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Drizzle half and half into the saucepan whisking the entire time.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and more grated nutmeg continuing to whisk.
- Add pinch of ground cayenne
- Once thickened, remove saucepan from the heat
- Sprinkle in sugar and whisk together
- Add corn, peas, carrots, and 1 spoonful of green chilis to bechamel sauce
- Add diced turkey
- Fold in cheese
Add filling to ramekin with precooked pastry shell on the bottom. Set uncooked pastry shell on top, scrunch the sides and poke 3-4 holes in the top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the puff pastry is browned and puffed up.
Serve & enjoy!